Benefits of the Banana Bliss Smoothie
It’s hot out there! Why not come in for a Banana Bliss smoothie (or, have one delivered to you)? Banana’s potassium will help restore the electrolytes you lose through sweating. Plus, it tastes amazing and will lift your spirits! Made with all organic ingredients — bananas, almond milk, yogurt, almonds, date, and honey — it’s cool, creamy, mellow, and balances sweetness with nutrient-rich energizing foods.
As delicious as it is, it’s also secretly, quietly, wonderfully good for the body, mind and del soul.
It’s a nutritional powerhouse that is both easy to digest and supportive to many of the physical functions of the body. What follows is a merely a glimpse of some of those benefits.
It keeps your body strong!
- Almond milk is rich in Vitamin D, whose intake is important for the regulation of calcium and phosphorus absorption and the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth.
It keeps your brain functioning!
- Bananas contain a naturally occurring form of dopamine, which helps manage functions like motor control, cognition, and motivation.
It stabilizes your mood!
- Dates contain magnesium, which helps to alleviate depression.
- Bananas contain tryptophan, which is necessary for serotonin production and also helpful for alleviating anxiety.
It helps you recover from exercise!
- Bananas are rich in potassium and magnesium, which are known to help with muscle cramping. This is a well-known secret shared among athletes.
- The potassium in bananas also helps restore any electrolyte loss from sweating.
- Yogurt is a high-protein food, helpful for repairing muscles after a workout.
It reduces inflammation.
- Dates contain organic sulfur, a natural anti-inflammatory, which is excellent for body, muscle, and joint pain, and seasonal allergies.
- Dates contain natural aspirin — a superb reliever of mild pain and inflammation, without the side effects of taking synthesized aspirin.
Your heart is healthier.
- Bananas’ high level of potassium may help lower blood pressure and protect against atherosclerosis (hardened arteries).
- Bananas also contain cholesterol-like fats that prevent “bad” cholesterol from entering the bloodstream.
- Almond milk contains omega fatty acids, which have been shown to be beneficial to your cardiovascular health.
It helps relieve anemia!
- Bananas are iron-rich and help with iron deficiency-related low red blood cell counts.
It’s good for your skin!
- The almond milk we use contains 50% of the recommended daily amount of vitamin E, which helps protect the skin against sun damage. Vitamin E is good for the hair as well.
It supports a happy tummy!
- Almond milk, dates and bananas are all high in fiber, necessary for a smoothly running digestive tract.
- Bananas contain prebiotics which help support the “good” bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Bananas contain antacid chemicals which may help relieve heartburn.
- Yogurt contains probiotics — live, active cultures of “good” bacteria that support a healthy digestive tract. These probiotics can be helpful for those with constipation, diarrhea, colon cancer, and inflammatory bowel disease.
It’s good for your oral health!
- Yogurt not only contains lots of calcium, which is great for your bones in general, but its lactic acid content can protect your gums from gum disease.
It boosts your immune system!
- Bananas’ prebiotics also help support a strong immune system, helping people ward off colds and fend off seasonal allergies.
It regulates your appetite and blood sugar levels!
- Dates help you feel sated. Because they are rich in so many nutrients, like calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium, they help you feel full.
- Dates score low on the glycemic index foods, which means that they don’t cause blood sugar spikes. This helps you keep your metabolism from crashing — and craving sugar.
- Dates and bananas are both high in fiber, which also helps you feel full.
- Because bananas support your serotonin levels, your feeling of satiety increases.
- Yogurt contains milk protein, which helps you to feel more full.
Makings for a blissful body? We think so! But our favorite thing about the Banana Bliss of course is how tasty it is. Come in, call in, have it delivered to you, and enjoy!