What Does a Berry Beautiful Do?
Our Berry Beautiful smoothie is not like any other. It’s a vegan delight that combines and blends blueberries, almond milk, blueberry nectar, banana, almonds, and date. Its almonds offer a natural protein boost without using powders and their preservatives.
So it tastes delicious, but is that enough for you? What if it offered more than great flavor? What if it it offered a bit of health and well-being in a convenient 16-oz size?
Well, the good news is it does:
It makes your brain bright!
- Blueberries have been shown to reduce the risk of cognitive function loss and Parkinson’s disease.
- Almond milk is rich in Vitamin D, which has been shown to decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s.
It stabilizes your mood!
- The folic acid in blueberries has been shown to help alleviate depression.
- Almonds and dates contain magnesium, which also helps to alleviate depression.
- Bananas contain tryptophan, which is necessary for serotonin production, which, at least in part, is responsible for stabilizing your mood.
It reduces inflammation!
- Blueberries are chock full of proanthocyanidin, an antioxidant that, because it reduces inflammation, has been shown to help prevent certain kinds of cancer. They also contain tannins, which are known to reduce inflammation in the digestive tract.
- Dates contain organic sulfur, a natural anti-inflammatory that is excellent for body, muscle, joint pain, and seasonal allergies.
- Dates and blueberries contain natural aspirin — excellent for mild pain and inflammation, without the side effects of taking synthesized aspirin.
It makes your heart healthier!
- Blueberries are low in cholesterol and high in fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient content — all of which contribute to a well-functioning cardiovascular system.
- Almond milk contains omega fatty acids, which have been shown to be beneficial to your cardiovascular health.
It wards off urinary tract infections!
- Like cranberries, blueberries have antibacterial properties that are known to ward off urinary tract infections.
It reduces muscle cramping!
- Bananas are rich in potassium and magnesium, which are known to help with muscle cramping. This is a well-known secret shared among athletes.
It’s good for your skin!
- The almond milk we use contains 50% of the recommended daily amount of vitamin E, which helps protect the skin against sun damage. Vitamin E is known to be good for the hair as well.
It supports a happy tummy!
- Blueberries, almond milk, dates and bananas are all high in fiber, necessary for a smoothly running digestive tract.
- Bananas contain prebiotics which are known to support the “good” bacteria in the digestive tract.
It regulates your appetite and blood sugar levels!
- Dates help you feel sated. Because they are rich in so many nutrients, like calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium, they help you feel full.
- Dates, blueberries, and almonds are low glycemic index foods, which means that they don’t cause blood sugar spikes, which helps you keep your metabolism from crashing — and craving sugar.
- Dates, blueberries, and bananas are all high in fiber, which also helps you feel full.
It may even help to prevent night blindness!
- The anthocyanins in blueberries help repair injuries inside the eye and may help prevent night blindness.
With all that our incredible ingredients have to offer, we know nothing will encourage you more to enjoy one than having it taste so delicious you want more. Well, we extend the challenge then, and invite you to see for yourself why Berry Beautiful has been among our bestselling smoothies for almost 11 years now.